.28 Hornady ammo for sale. Loaded with the most advanced all-range hunting bullet available, Precision Hunter Ammunition sets a new standard of accurate, deadly, and dependable hunting performance. Your trophy has never been closer– even if it’s far away! Featuring the radically superior ELD-X bullet with patented Heat Shield tip, Precision Hunter will soon be the “go-to” load for ANY hunting situation because of its effective terminal performance at ALL practical ranges.
The Heat Shield tip of the Hornady ELD-X bullet defies the effects of aerodynamic heating and retains its shape to provide a perfect meplat (tip) that is always the same shape. A streamlined secant ogive with optimum boattail design, plus the highly concentric AMP bullet jackets, combined with the patent-pending Heat Shield tip creates a supremely accurate, high BC match bullet. ELD-Match bullet BCs are measured with Doppler radar and corrected to standard atmospheric conditions. With high velocity, 0-400 yard impact, the bullet continually expands throughout its penetration path. The thick shank of the jacket and high Interlock ring keep the core and jacket together providing 50-60% weight retention. Upon low velocity, 400+ yard impacts, the Heat Shield tip drives backward into the bullet to initiate expansion. Exhibiting conventional expansion with a large mushroom and 85-90% retained weight the bullet provides deep penetration and large wound cavities. This ammunition is new production, non-corrosive, in boxer primed, reloadable brass cases. .28 hornady ammo for sale
- Heat Shield Tip forms the perfect meplat
- No tip deformation from aerodynamic heating
- Match accurate hunting bullet
- Devastating terminal performance at all ranges
- Best-In-Class BCs: Verified by Doppler radar, the Heat Shield tip defies the effects of aerodynamic heating and retains its shape to maintain the highest-in–class BC over its entire trajectory.
- Match Accurate Hunting Bullet: Streamlined secant ogive with optimum boattail design + highly concentric AMP bullet jackets + Heat Shield tip combine for radically superior aerodynamic efficiency.
- Devastating Conventional Range Performance: With high velocity, 0–400-yard impact, the bullet continually expands throughout its penetration path. The thick shank of the jacket and high InterLock ring keep the core and jacket together providing 50–60% weight retention.
- Best Extended Range Terminal Performance Available: Upon low velocity, 400+ yard impacts, the Heat Shield tip drives backward into the bullet to initiate expansion. Exhibiting controlled expansion with a large mushroom and 85–90% retained weight, the bullet provides deep penetration and large cavities. Available as component bullets or in factory-loaded Precision Hunter ammunition.